A Killing Notion - Melissa Bourbon

After taking a chapter or two to get into I fell right in with the Harlow, Will and the people of this adorable small town. This was the first book I read in the series and that's why it took just a bit to get to know the characters and understand some of the dynamics.  Readers of this series will be able to pick right up even though A Killing Notion can stand on it's own mystery and story-wise.  New readers will pick up the town life fast and become enthralled by the small-town dynamics and the mystery that ensues.

I really liked Harlow, Will and Gracie.  I also enjoyed Harlow's Meemaw and the mystique behind the gifts that the Cassidy women have.  I loved that Harlow was a dressmaker and the sewing aspect is what made me want to read this one.  While it's in the background, it's still integral to the story and was a fascinating line of work for a main character especially with homecoming nearing.

The mystery was a bit predictable, but it's a cozy so I'm use to that.  There will still surprises and I kept turning the pages to find out what would happen next.  So I would say the plot line more than satisfied me.  In fact I had a hard time putting down the book one evening to get some sleep.

I'm not going into details, but suffice to say A Killing Notion was a great read.  It had interesting characters, an interesting setting and a intriguing plot to keep you turning the pages.  I can't wait to read more of this series and get to know Harlow and the townsfolk even better.
Source: http://myreadingroom-crystal.blogspot.com/2014/04/a-killing-notion-by-melissa-bourbon.html