Review: The Geography of You and Me

The Geography of You and Me - Jennifer E. Smith

What a fun and cute story.  No real angst, a little love at first sight, but distance presents problems so I felt it and understood it.  Both characters have their own family issues but I like how those are worked through in the book.

Cute start with the elevator breaking down and the blackout in New York City bringing these two characters from two different economic backgrounds together and they find common ground and bond during those hours together.  Because Lucy lives in the building and Owen is the super's kid, these are not kids that would normally meet, but they do and it works.  Lucy is not worried with her status in life, she just wants to see the world and explore.  Owen longs to do the same thing but has been brought to NYC against his better judgment.  But just as these two get to know each other their families unknowingly pull them apart.

But I like them apart, it gives them time to grow without the other one affecting them.  It's interesting how they keep coming together and how they are always on each others' minds even when things aren't smooth.  The Geography of You and Me was a fun book and a great one that explores growing up and finding your way on your own and hopefully finding your way back to that true love you have found but didn't really realize how much it meant.  I loved this book, read it in one day and now cannot wait to go back and read Jennifer E. Smith's backlist books.

My Rating: 5.0/5.0

Source: http://myreadingroom-crystal.blogspot.com/2014/09/just-finishedreview-geography-of-you.html